August 21, 2018, 10:06:20 AM

Author Topic: Recycler/Scrapper  (Read 2632 times)

Dank Jew

• New user
  • Unofficial Beta Tester
Recycler/Scrapper
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »
When you craft that Unique 2-slot UMP-45, instead of selling it to your inventory, you can scrap it for materials again!

Perhaps based off the rarity of the item, you'd get a certain amount back, for example:

Legendary: 100% material refund

Epic: 85% material refund

Elite: 70% material refund

etc. etc.

I have no experience of 1.0 and how rare it is to gain materials, but I think this would be extremely handy, not instead of selling to the inventory, but as another option. This could work with armour and weapons?

Thank you, I'd appreciate your thoughts or opinions in the comments.
Welcome to the shitfest

Jones

• Experienced User
Re: Recycler/Scrapper
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 03:14:27 PM »
Legendary gear didn't exist in 1.0 and I'm not sure if they're planning to add that rarity at all.  That's a pretty nice idea though but do we really need this? I didn't find gaining materials a problem in 1.0.

If this is something that is going to be added, balance it properly so we won't be flooded with materials.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:35:22 PM by Jones »

Trebor

• Experienced User
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
This would be a great idea to get back let's say half of the materials used to create the weapon if we make forges produce bars at a slower rate, which I know some people want.

This idea is dependent on how the quickly you can gain materials to be honest, really nice idea though!

Camo

• New user
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »
If we add that then I would have to agree with Trebor. Decrease the rate and the amount the forges give if they add in a way to recycle the materials. But I wouldn't say 50% or something like that. I would say a randomly generated number between 1%-75% and it gives that much back with a chance to botch the process or else people will exploit the fact you can do that. And knowing most if not all the people that played GWRP they will most defiantly exploit that.

De_Gale

• New user
  • 1.0 hype
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »
If we add that then I would have to agree with Trebor. Decrease the rate and the amount the forges give if they add in a way to recycle the materials. But I wouldn't say 50% or something like that. I would say a randomly generated number between 1%-75% and it gives that much back with a chance to botch the process or else people will exploit the fact you can do that. And knowing most if not all the people that played GWRP they will most defiantly exploit that.

i agree it is a good idea if balanced correctly but might be an easy exploit